Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Book Review-Fifty Good Friends


Do you have good relationship with your friends and family? If you don't, I will recommend a book named 'Fifty Good Friends'. This book will make you feel impressed, and you will think again with your friends and family.
     The book's name is 'Fifty Good Friends'. I don't know the author's name because my school teacher told me this story. This book is made for chileren, so I heard about this story when I was young. In this book, one main character and many supporting characters appear. The main character's name is Manuel, and he is a man. He has a wife and a son. The supporting characters are his wife, son, and his fifty good friends.

     Manuel Garcia happily live with his wife and son. After he did a medical examination, he know that he had a stomach cancer. He go to the hospital for chemotherapy, and his hair begin to fall out. He was depress and dispaird, and he doesn't want to show his head to others. A few days later, his cousins come to his hospital and they shave their hair to look same as him. Next day, his fifty friends come and they have no hair. Finally, his wife and son come and they also have no hair for him. He is very happy to have many good people around him.

     I like this story because it is an impressive story. There is another reason why I like this story: it is about people's relationship. After I read this story, I felt heartwarming. I think this characters are little bit believable. It is hard to shave one's hair for someone, so I can't surely believe these characters. However, if a person did that, I will be incredible and amazed, and I will admire that person.

     If  I am a Manuel Garcia, I will do as same as Manuel, because I will be shy to show my hairless head to people. If I am his wife, son, or friends, I think I will not shave my hair for Manuel Garcia.

      On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate this book on 7. I know that this story is only for chileren, but the storyline is too easy. However, it gives us very special lesson, so I think this book is good.

1 comment:

  1. I like your summary, but you missed out on the second question altogether. Do you think Manuel is believable? Do you think that it is possible for 50 friends to shave their heads as well? How would you have responded to that question?

    ReplyDelete